How could we improve Audiense?

Combine Filters and Advanced Search

I used the Advanced Search to search for people in Chicago with the keyword "Founder of" in their bio. My goal was to find all the company founders in Chicago, and add them to a list.

However, I was unable to filter out the results any further than that. I went back to the standard "filters" area, and tried to narrow it down, but it did not work.

If I were to have the ability to do an Advanced Search AND add filters, that would narrow my results down considerably. This would be much more valuable to me building a quality list.

As for being able to add people to lists, I also think that you should allow a Check 1st box, hold SHIFT key, Check last box (to select all boxes in between) feature. Since you are limiting the amount of profiles shown on a page, it will prevent people from adding >60 people at one time. This feature COULD also be allowed for following people with a disclaimer of "use at your own risk, do not abuse this tool or your account may get suspended".

For more ideas on building lists, I'd suggest researching www.formulists.com

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael SimMichael Sim shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    JM from AudienseAdminJM from Audiense (Audiense, Audiense) responded  · 

About the multiple selection.
    There was a problem with the multiple selection in v0.2.9 but it is now fixed in v0.2.10
    -————
    v.0.2.9: Now you can select multiple users by holding the SHIFT key and select the last box to check all boxes in between. Another way is to drag your mouse over the users to select them.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Giles FarrowGiles Farrow commented  · 

I tried in v0.2.10 it's working in normal mode and full screen.
        Great job - thank you

And thank you for providing such a great product :-)

I did find a way to get this to work with v0.2.9, put Chrome in full screen view (F11).

I will try updating to v 0.2.10 manually

Sorry still not working for me. I'm definitely using v.0.2.9 on Chrome.

Dragging mouse over users on grid view, does not select any. After first click, my cursor turns to Uppercase I shape, like it's expecting me to edit text.

Where I can drag to select multiple users is on the dashboard, but I don't see how that helps as I can't add several users to a list that way.

I'm using Win7, with SocialBro running as a standalone app in Google Chrome 15.0.874.106 m

please ping me on giles at smartsoftwaremarketing.co.uk if I can give you any further info to help recreate problem at your end

• JM from AudienseAdminJM from Audiense (Audiense, Audiense) commented  · 

Hi, Giles.
        Make sure you are using the 0.2.9 version, please (its number is under the filter menu, on the interface's left).
        This is working in the both versions (Chrome and Adobe Air).
        Try to select all with the mouse. Just drag your mouse over the users to select them.

"About the multiple selection.
        v.0.2.9: Now you can select multiple users by holding the SHIFT key and select the last box to check all boxes in between. Another way is to drag your mouse over the users to select them."

I just tried this with v0.2.9 Chrome but not working for me. I tried in different views, tried selecting different places, holding shift down for both clicks or just second.

Is this not working on Chrome version or am I doing something dumb?

• @metacowboy@metacowboy commented  · 

Good sugestion similar to Google search that suport bolean search AND, OR, NOT would improve the search about 100%

Feedback and Knowledge Base